- Address: 18 Akkerdal Avenue
Claremont, Cape Town, 7708
- Mobile: +27 (0)82 332 5448
Refurbishing Rooms at Lavender House B&B
Colours, fabrics, textures – and combining them to make a harmonious, soothing comfortable interior – made me realize, once again, the joy of using an interior decorator. Importantly, a decorator who understands my style, budget and the time constraints getting work done in a Bed and Breakfast establishment.
There are many good reasons to use an interior decorator, but here are 5 that stand out -
1. Time Saving: After an initial one hour consultation on site, there was just one trip to a fabric house, together with the decorator and, much like a good artist putting paint beautifully on a canvas, fabrics were "pulled" from all corners of the shop. Within an hour, beautiful, different themes had been created for each bedroom.
2. Cost Saving: The decorator knew that the fabric house we used was having their annual sale and, as a result, all the fabrics we used were secured at a fraction of the normal cost.
3. Sharing Trade Secrets: My decorator put me in touch with excellent upholsterers, blind makers, soft furnishing manufacturers, some of whom collected and returned items on the same day!
4. Colour Choice: Not only for fabrics but also for the wall colour. Working with paint on a daily basis, my decorator knows which neutrals work well in natural and artificial light. I loved her choice immediately and so we skipped the endless "test patches" and just got on with the job!
5. Finishing Touches: Those wonderful tips just to finish things off … "Paint just that one bedside cabinet red", my decorator suggested. I did and it delights and brings the room to life!
So, come and enjoy the fruits of this March/April 2016 Lavender House B&B creative project. We love the refurbishment and hope you will too!